I’ve gone and added another pumpkin recipe to your inventory of all the ways you can add pumpkin spice flavor to your life. This fudge is totally mind-blowing. It combines the classic flavors of pumpkin pie along with the bright contrast of sea salt flakes and fresh sage. Listen, if there’s ever a way for me to add fresh herbs to anything, you can bet it’s going to happen. They make everything better, even dessert.
Trust me… are you drooling yet?
Everyone wants the quintessential flavors of fall and that’s exactly what this fudge is. A bite size fall flavor bomb. They’re super easy to make, raw, dairy-free, gluten-free, naturally sweetened and incredibly simple to make. You basically throw everything into a blender and voila.
I absolutely adore the use of fresh herbs any where I can. The sages adds a depth of flavor that cuts through the rich sweetness of the fudge. You’ll be bringing these to every holiday party and I’ll venture to say you can make a lot of best friends.
I’m not fudgeing around. Get in your kitchen and make these, you’ll see what I mean.
PUMPKIN FUDGE WITH PEPITA SAGE CARAMEL
12 servings (or more)
1 cup creamy sunflower seed or almond butter
8 medjool dates
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground clove
1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- Combine seed/nut butter and dates in a blender or food processor. Blend until combined. Then add coconut oil and spices, mix thoroughly. Then add the pumpkin, blend on high until totally smooth.
- Add mixture to a 6×6 dish and smooth until evenly spread. Place in the freezer to cool.
- Heat the dates for the caramel with the water. Consistently stir until the dates begin to break down into a paste, you can add more water if necessary. The paste will be smooth and only slightly thick. Add in pepitas.
- Top the fudge with the caramel evenly and place back in the freezer for at least 20 minutes until solid.
- Chop fresh sage. Sprinkle before serving with sage and sea salt.
- Cut into pieces are serve!